Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Guacamole...mole...mole!

Avadaco is probably the best food ever!  If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life, I'm pretty sure that would be it.  It's got enough good fat to keep me going, and it's so yummy and easy to work with!  For those of you whole struggle preparing Avacados, here is my tip:
Take a long, sharp knife and cut around the avacado so it comes apart in half.  One side will be left with the huge seed.  Stick the knife straight down into the seed and twist and pull.  The seed should come right out.  Then using a large table spoon, scoop the flesh of the avacado out.  If you are mashing, you don't need to be careful, but if you want slices, use a little more care when scooping.  Below is my personal favorite way to prepare guacamole.  After many trips to On The Boarder and watching them prepare the Guac Live!  I came up with my own. 

Guacamole (dairy and gluten free)
3-4 medium sized avacados mashed
3 diced tomatoes
1/2 jalepeno pepper finely diced
1/2 white onion chopped
chopped fresh cilantro to taste
garlic and regular salt
fresh squeezed lime

Mash to preferred consistency and enjoy with chips!!!

In a hurry, slice open an avacado and take out the seed, sprinkle with garlic salt and spoon directly into mouth....MMMMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment