Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Pepsi" Chicken

Disclaimer: Due to recent lawsuits showing that Pepsi Co. uses kidney secreations of aborted babies in the flavor research of their newest drink...I would ask that you use another brand of soda for this recipe!  But for names sake, I will call it "Pepsi" Chicken. 

This is probably my favorite and easiest recipe!  While I can't take full credit for the recipe that was handed down to me from my mother, and to her from a missionary friend, I have made my own tweaks over the years. 

"Pepsi" Chicken (dairy and gluten free)
4 boneless chicken breasts (any piece of chicken will work, frozen or fresh)
1 stick butter alternative (I prefer the ones w/ olive oil)
1 bottle barbeque sauce
1 can soda (I like Dr. Pepper)
2 tbs brown sugar
dash cayenne pepper
Brown rice (or white, Jed like Jasmine...I don't)

Sautee Chicken in a deep pot with butter substitute and brown sugar until browned.  Cover with barbque sauce and soda and bring to a boil.  Let simmer for 30 minutes (or until tender) on low.  Serve over rice (or baked potatoes)  ENJOY!   

No comments:

Post a Comment