Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oreo Brownie Surprise!

And the surprise is it's completely dairy free and completely delicious!!!!
I can't take credit for the recipe, it's from Betty Crocker, but since there brownies aren't dairy free, I had to tweak it.  I use Ghirardelli brownies because most of them are dairy free.  Always check the box to be sure. 

Oreo Brownie Surprise:
1 box dairy free brownie mix
10-12 oreos crushed
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
5-7 oreos crushed
1/2 tub vanilla icing (again make sure it's dairy free, I got Pillsbury)

Prepare brownies as directed adding the 10-12 crushed oreos.  Bake like it says on the box.  Cool completely.  You can throw it in the freezer to speed this process up, just don't leave them in there too long.  Then cover with the vanilla icing (I added green food coloring for St. Patty's Day) and top with the crushed oreos!!!  SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!   if you have trouble with your brownies getting stuck to the pan, someone told me to line it with foil and then spray with grease.  Also, I recently saw "perfect brownie" pans at the store that have individual compartments for each piece.  I can't wait to get one and try it out. 

1 comment:

  1. The perfect brownie pans work well if you like your brownies to be all like side/corner pieces. The metal compartments make each piece crusty which keeps the brownie from staying nice and soft. If you are one of the types who like side/corner pieces you will like it but if you like your brownies soft, I don't recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete