Monday, March 12, 2012

In the mood for Mexican!

If you know me, you know I LOVE Mexican food.  This has been problematic since my 15 month old and I went dairy free 2 1/2 months ago for allergy purposes.  But recently I've come up with some AMAZING dairy free recipes to fulfill my cravings for Mexican food.  Here is one I took to Life Group last night, and it was a HIT!
Mexican Cornbread (Dairy Free!!)
1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 egg
3/4 cup soy milk
2 tbs soy sour cream (I prefer" tofutti")
1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar substitute (I prefer "Follow Your Heart")
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/2 can stewed tomatoes (I like the fire roasted)
1/2 jalepeno pepper finely diced
1/4 cup black olives chopped

Mix everything together, batter will be lumpy.  Poor into a greased bread pan or muffin tins.  Bake for 15-25 minutes at 400.  ENJOY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment